Skip to main content

2013

In less than 12 hours, I'll be traveling to Ghana, Africa to volunteer at an orphanage for 2 weeks. I'm fortunate to be able to start the new year off on a continent I've never been to, adapting to a totally different lifestyle than the one I've grown accustomed to for the past 23 years. Since the thought to volunteer internationally crossed my mind back in August, I haven't once doubted myself when it came to carrying out this plan. My spiritual connection with the universe has grown to the point where if I decide I want something, I will ultimately attain it. I do sometimes question certain situations but my faith in creation and the universe is so strong and powerful that very few things keep me uncertain.  At the time of my decision to travel, I had a good amount of money saved up to buy a car. I had been saving all summer for a 2010 Camry. Little did I know "Man arranges plans, and GOD rearranges them" because a few weeks shy of purchasing my car my job closed down and I found myself in a financial bind. Giving it little to no thought I decided to take the money I had saved up for my car and put it towards this amazing opportunity. How many 23 year old's have the chance to say they volunteered in Africa and financed the entire trip on their own!? If someone were to tell me a year ago that I would be in the position I'm in now, I would look at them as if they were a damn fool. 

After the year I've had, I'm blessed for so many reasons. I feel like this year more than any previous one, I'm fulfilling my purpose on this earth through my inner child whom is always asking to come out and play. I'm fortunate to have been blessed with a mother who has never once told me what I couldn't do; Instead has always voiced her support rather than opinion-- my grandmother the same. My grandmother and my mother have always been the type of people to open their hearts and homes to friends and strangers. I don't recall one time where I brought home a troubled friend and my mom didn't welcome them into our home with open arms. It's so rare that I meet people as giving and caring as my mother and grandmother. I think this year alone taught me so much about humility that I once knew as a child. At night when i would say my prayers with my grandmother she would always include a special prayer for the less-fortunate, the hungry and the homeless. When she began letting me lead our night-time prayers and I'd forget to mention them, she would cough a reminder gesture to make sure I made their presence known in my prayer to creation. I learned at a young age to care for everyone in the world, not just myself. However somehow between childhood and adolescence I lost sight of that caring nature i was raised in.
Fortunately this year I think I really reclaimed full custody of my inner child. I'm truly living the life I have dreamed of for such a long time. With no distractions, I'm working on being a better me; valuing myself and  never letting anything or anyone stall my growth. A life of purpose is the best life I could possibly ask for. It's amazing to wake up every day and know why you were put on this earth.

Today I'll go to sleep in the sky, and wake up in the mother land. When I arrive to the orphanage, the same love, humility and kindness my mother and grandmother instilled in me will be affectionately used with the children I'm going to give my heart to. Same babies, different circumstances. Every child deserves endless amounts of love and that's what I'm here for. This has truly been a year of growth. I've learned the power of love through the eyes of my inner child as well as all the amazing children in my life. It all comes back to love.

If you don't have a new years resolution, i encourage you to love more. You don't have to give the less fortunate male or female on the street your last dollar but respond with kindness and look in their eyes and show them respect and love rather than just walking past them and ignoring them as if they don't exist or as if they aren't worthy of your attention. Mother Theresa said it best: "Unless life is lived for others, it is not worthwhile."


Much love to everyone who was apart of my journey this year... Especially my family and my spiritual children. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madame Quay

I thought I would feel sorry for the children at the children home (orphanage) but surprisingly I don't. I planned on coming to Ghana and becoming emotionally unbalanced due to their situations, but surprisingly I'm not. I thought without a doubt I would lose sleep at night thinking about the children's stories but I didn't. All the expectations I came to Ghana with were proven wrong because I judged a book by it's cover. I assumed these children would be living in the worst condition imaginable. It wasn't that bad. It's funny because my initial plan was to make a difference in the children's lives. Little did I know they would be the ones making a difference in mine... A very special boy by the name of Anuk was pretty shy towards me the first few days, but by beach day he had completely warmed up to me. Anuk-- autistic, is the smartest and happiest boy I was fortunate enough to have met during my time at the children's home. Not

You Gotta keep going... You gotta keep Growing

The past few weeks I've been residing in foreign countries, and experiencing encounters with humans that I believe were angels. I've began to embrace a vulnerable version of myself and with the changes I've started to view the world differently. I think I might be gravitating towards a new life or something. In 2014 I wanted to leave behind a certain part of myself. I wasn't satisfied with her performance so I had to bench her for a while and work on her skill. We're both trying and we're pushing. Progress is being made and we are getting closer and closer to our goal and ultimately the end result. Action is key to this lifestyle.  The more we practice the more we experience that pleasure of life. That life is forbidden in the past and the future. You must be present. It's a life with lights, a camera, and plenty of action , A life where you're financially, mentally and emotionally free-- it's a life that YOU control. A life where kindness is the l

BALANCE: an even distribution of energy enabling someone or something to remain upright and steady.

It's been exactly 3 months since I've publicly written . In the missed time I've been doing some soul searching, soul recovering and soul spoiling. When I say soul [searching], I'm referring to searching for more wisdom and truth from what I've already been so enriched with within this short but precious lifetime of mines. The soul recovering I speak of is in reference to the refocus, and revamping of my purpose I've been diligently working on since-- what felt like the Coldest Winter Ever ended. Saving the best for last, the soul spoiling I mentioned was said modestly yet wholeheartedly in regards to the decisions, power moves, and progress I've made with awareness, peace and love; which has entirely been a motivating factor in bringing me closer to GOD, UNIVERSE, SPIRIT, HEAVEN, PEACE, LOVE, etc. than I've ever been before. I'll keep it real because we all deserve REAL: This past winter after returning from Africa, I never really readjusted to