Skip to main content

27

Today is my 27th birthday and I feel like I have nothing to show for the 27 years I've been on this earth. But at the same time I have a good amount of reasons to be thankful for every year spent on this beautiful colorful earth. 10 years ago today, I turned 17 years old and a totally different woman sits here today typing this. I always wish I could afford the luxury of time traveling since the present isn't always as jubilant as my teenager years were but GOD knows my days now have more meaning than my 17 year old self could have ever imagined.

Through triumph and terror one thing has always remained over the years... that tomorrow presents a new opportunity, new chances, and alternatives. These are 27 lifestyle choices that I want to master:


27
1) Stop feeding dead relationships or friendships. A lot of characters get written off or die. It's ok if the people that started out don't fit in your story anymore.

2) Stop being indecisive when it comes to what you put into your body. If you battle between rather or not you should consume something, you probably shouldn't. Commit to it and be done with it. Food or Penis.

3) Don't use Apple products. It's so inhumane for electronic devices to be able to read our finger print, detect our faces and know our location at all time. Are we informants for the CIA or do we actually want to have control over our mind, body, and spirits?

4) Practice understanding and accepting because regardless of the perfect world we'd like to believe exist outside of our head, people are different and we should always cater to others emotions so we make sure Karma is good to us.

5) Love whoever loves you.

6) Trust your intuition, energy and vibes. If something feels uncomfortable, than somethings up. Don't force it if it refuses to come natural.

7) Protect your spirit. Keep lames out of your circle and your community.

8) Believe in your flyness and conquer your shyness. If you are sitting on some bomb ass ideas that you have a crazy dope vision about, plant some seeds and water your plant every day. What isn't growing is dead.

9) Take your vitamins, Deep condition your hair, and detox daily, weekly, and annually. I suggest colonics if you have a sweet tooth.

10) Build with the people you love. All of us have dreams and it's important to live out yours and assist in helping your loved ones live out theirs. We aren't meant to make it out here alone. We all gone eat.

11) Stop watching the news so much. Most of the shit we see on our local news outlets or CNN is devastating and demoralizing. The solution to this would be volunteering, fundraising and advocating for our communities so the love can grow and spread as far as possible. Our media outlets suck.

12) Limit your distractions from living your best life. Distractions include cell phones, toxic relationships, advertisements, social networking, and anything Kardashian or Trump.

13) Strengthen your relationship with GOD, Source, Universe, or whoever/whatever you gain clarity and faith from. It's imperative to utilize a higher power more now than ever because the world as we know it is crumbling at the hands of greedy elite.

14) Take a cold shower regularly. (I don't know what it is about cold to Luke warm water but it's refreshing to say the least and always connects me to source... this could just be because I took cold showers everyday for 2 weeks in the mother land and felt the light of GOD hitting my body through the water every single time)

15) Meditate or pray within the first hour of your day.

16) Limit alcohol consumption. It's cool to turn up occasionally but alcohol are spirits and more than likely the spirits aren't always that positive. Alcohol brings out the worst in people more times than good and nobody likes a negative Nancy or Nando.

17) Celebrate every minute like it's a birthday. The attempt to be up will eventually result in the feeling of always being up. Chase it until it's yours.

18) Drive slow homey. I rush to most of my destinations because I procrastinate, wait to the last minute or decide to take on task that I THINK are small when I should be walking out of the door. Then when I'm on the road, I get angry at people for driving too slow and project my tardiness onto the road which usually throws my energy off. Moral of the story, always leave early and always be ahead of time.

19) Call your loved ones just to see how they're doing. We aren't aging backwards and our time here is borrowed so it's imperative to check in once in a while, before it's time to clock out.

20) Do more physical activities such as roller skating, swimming, go-karting, dancing, etc. It's good to do stuff out of the ordinary just for the hell of it. Being an adult doesn't mean you can't let your inner child thrive.

21) Dedicate more time to volunteering and giving your service to charitable organizations. A lot of times I feel like I'm not doing enough for the greater good of mankind but theirs no doubt in my mind when I'm literally helping others even if can't help myself.

22) Think happy thoughts as much as possible.

23) Get hip to chakras and understand how each one is connected to your lifetime up until now and balance them things as much as possible.

24) Have a deep conversations with children. They have a much less complex view of the world and can ground you.

25) Save and travel. Clothes, shoes and electronics are not the wave. Seeing the world is the wave.

26) Designate plenty of time for yourself because although we are 'adulting' it's so important to not lose your opinions, insight or personal beliefs in a relationship or career and those we spend the most time with can effect how we view things without us even realizing it.

27) Stay true to yourself--- after all these years of learning, growing and figuring this thing called life out it's so important not to bend or fold for the comfort of others. To not be one's self is surely an easy route to insanity.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madame Quay

I thought I would feel sorry for the children at the children home (orphanage) but surprisingly I don't. I planned on coming to Ghana and becoming emotionally unbalanced due to their situations, but surprisingly I'm not. I thought without a doubt I would lose sleep at night thinking about the children's stories but I didn't. All the expectations I came to Ghana with were proven wrong because I judged a book by it's cover. I assumed these children would be living in the worst condition imaginable. It wasn't that bad. It's funny because my initial plan was to make a difference in the children's lives. Little did I know they would be the ones making a difference in mine... A very special boy by the name of Anuk was pretty shy towards me the first few days, but by beach day he had completely warmed up to me. Anuk-- autistic, is the smartest and happiest boy I was fortunate enough to have met during my time at the children's home. Not

You Gotta keep going... You gotta keep Growing

The past few weeks I've been residing in foreign countries, and experiencing encounters with humans that I believe were angels. I've began to embrace a vulnerable version of myself and with the changes I've started to view the world differently. I think I might be gravitating towards a new life or something. In 2014 I wanted to leave behind a certain part of myself. I wasn't satisfied with her performance so I had to bench her for a while and work on her skill. We're both trying and we're pushing. Progress is being made and we are getting closer and closer to our goal and ultimately the end result. Action is key to this lifestyle.  The more we practice the more we experience that pleasure of life. That life is forbidden in the past and the future. You must be present. It's a life with lights, a camera, and plenty of action , A life where you're financially, mentally and emotionally free-- it's a life that YOU control. A life where kindness is the l

BALANCE: an even distribution of energy enabling someone or something to remain upright and steady.

It's been exactly 3 months since I've publicly written . In the missed time I've been doing some soul searching, soul recovering and soul spoiling. When I say soul [searching], I'm referring to searching for more wisdom and truth from what I've already been so enriched with within this short but precious lifetime of mines. The soul recovering I speak of is in reference to the refocus, and revamping of my purpose I've been diligently working on since-- what felt like the Coldest Winter Ever ended. Saving the best for last, the soul spoiling I mentioned was said modestly yet wholeheartedly in regards to the decisions, power moves, and progress I've made with awareness, peace and love; which has entirely been a motivating factor in bringing me closer to GOD, UNIVERSE, SPIRIT, HEAVEN, PEACE, LOVE, etc. than I've ever been before. I'll keep it real because we all deserve REAL: This past winter after returning from Africa, I never really readjusted to