Skip to main content

Plenty Of Reasons To Be Happy.

It goes without saying that this has probably been one of the best years of my life. I never like to toot my own horn because I know that the progress I've made in 2013 is just a small amount compared to the progress I have yet to make. However with the year coming to an end I've found myself randomly smiling while thinking about the amazing thing's I've accomplished this year alone compared to previous years. My progress this year alone shows obvious maturity and growth and the value of being lost in the wrong direction to being found in the right direction. I've had more ups than downs by the grace of God and been awakened by more universal truths than programmed falsehoods. Life has become a lot more simple compared to the complex understanding of it that I've had in the past. I learned the true meaning of the word LOVE, something I never really grasped the understanding of in previous years. I became extremely knowledgeable of the devils presence in all aspects of my life, something I was unfamiliar with my entire life up until this year. Patience didn't become a virtue for me until this year. I realized the past is practice so I finally began living in the moment. I learned to focus on the now because their are only two days out of the year that nothing can be done-- yesterday and tomorrow.  I still waste a lot of time but the time that is not wasted I spend building for my future. I demolished a lot of my insecurities, not all but a good amount. I learned to let go of what is undeserving of me holding on to. I made mistakes instead of letting them make me and learned as much as I possibly could from every single one. Instead of worrying about others, I simply learned to practice caring for them. I've learned to find the good in all the bad. Just recently I stopped allowing myself to be a slave for retail and other things that don't directly benefit my growth. I began reading a lot more, slowly fading out television and listening to music from my daily routine. I still procrastinate a whole lot, but I do finish what I start. I have the most incredible bond with my mother, which I always have--- but this year I think I learned the value of relationships so this holds an incredible amount of significance. I also learned the value of myself, in doing this I realized a lot about my individual purpose for being born into this life of mine. My passion to help people increased especially this year. I don't know, it's almost as if I grew closer to GOD-- the universe. I feel some type of way when the wind touches my face or I pass by a tree and hear birds chirping-- or singing as I like to believe. This past summer I went to the beach TWICE. That's a pretty big achievement for me because it was the first time in a over a decade I got to enjoy the waves brush up against my legs, have my feet sink in the sand and listen to the divine sound of the waves washing off shore. It was such a beautiful moment. Sometimes I close my eyes and vision myself back there, frolicking down the shore line, hands in the air living without a care. The best experiences I had this year, nature provided me with. I went hiking in the mountains for the first time and that was an incredible adventure. I was on a natural high, high up in the mountains. I overlooked the valley and got a sense of how much beauty this earth has to offer-- that I have only scratched the surface of. The most adventurous thing by far I did would have to be sky-diving; what an adrenaline rush. I had been trying to sky-dive for years, but failed to do so because I never had anyone to do it with. I think that event taught me something I really needed to learn. I held back from doing a lot of things simply because my friends weren't supportive enough to do them with me. This year I learned to do for myself, realizing not to depend on others for anything. Love, Happiness, Support or Peace. I have it in my own heart and mind to provide myself with everything I will ever need. Ultimately I depend on GOD, not man. Last but certainly not least, after a 4 year hiatus I went back to college! This is probably one of the most personal accomplishments for me. I am so happy to be back in school getting exceptional grades. I had the honor to have my English professor ask to submit one of my papers for publication in the English text book because of how well written it was. Writing has always been my thing. My major is public relations; I plan am going to be the next Martin Luther King. But to be honest I'm only in college to keep my brain academically active; I don't believe I need a college degree to be successful. [I know I can be what I wanna be, if I work hard at it I'll be where I wanna be.] The very last GREAT thing that happened to me this year hasn't happened yet. On the last day of this year I'll be traveling to Ghana to volunteer for two weeks at an orphanage. I decided late summer to embark on this adventure because I know it's an experience of a lifetime and it will definitely change my life. [Not to mention I financed the $3,000 trip all by myself. No help, that's all me.] I wanted to give my service but I'm doing this for me. I'm looking so forward to meeting the beautiful children and learning more about life from them. I know their young souls will reveal things to me about myself that I could only learn from the spirit of a child, especially one that lives a less fortunate life than me but still has an incredible concept of life. I plan on coming back with more wisdom, love, hope, and humility than I could imagine. This year has been so damn good to me. I have myself to thank for that, and the universe, creation and GOD. I don't want to return to the familiar, just become more acquainted with the unfamiliar as I continue to grow and become the person I'm meant to be. From the looks of it I'm on a roll like cottonelle!

Ghana Fundraiser:  Please contact me by email at Quaydenise90@yahoo.com if you have any items you would like to donate or visit this link to help me donate money for supplies, cleaning products, etc: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=5GT9YHCP2T37E&lc=US&item_name=Ghana+Volunteer+Trip&currency_code=USD&bn=PP-DonationsBF%3Abtn_donateCC_LG.gif%3ANonHosted

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madame Quay

I thought I would feel sorry for the children at the children home (orphanage) but surprisingly I don't. I planned on coming to Ghana and becoming emotionally unbalanced due to their situations, but surprisingly I'm not. I thought without a doubt I would lose sleep at night thinking about the children's stories but I didn't. All the expectations I came to Ghana with were proven wrong because I judged a book by it's cover. I assumed these children would be living in the worst condition imaginable. It wasn't that bad. It's funny because my initial plan was to make a difference in the children's lives. Little did I know they would be the ones making a difference in mine... A very special boy by the name of Anuk was pretty shy towards me the first few days, but by beach day he had completely warmed up to me. Anuk-- autistic, is the smartest and happiest boy I was fortunate enough to have met during my time at the children's home. Not

You Gotta keep going... You gotta keep Growing

The past few weeks I've been residing in foreign countries, and experiencing encounters with humans that I believe were angels. I've began to embrace a vulnerable version of myself and with the changes I've started to view the world differently. I think I might be gravitating towards a new life or something. In 2014 I wanted to leave behind a certain part of myself. I wasn't satisfied with her performance so I had to bench her for a while and work on her skill. We're both trying and we're pushing. Progress is being made and we are getting closer and closer to our goal and ultimately the end result. Action is key to this lifestyle.  The more we practice the more we experience that pleasure of life. That life is forbidden in the past and the future. You must be present. It's a life with lights, a camera, and plenty of action , A life where you're financially, mentally and emotionally free-- it's a life that YOU control. A life where kindness is the l

Long Bus Ride Home

The world is controlled by two forces. The highest of the two being a positive energy of GOD, Compassion, and LOVE. The other being the complete opposite; utterly evil, destructive and hateful, better known as The Devil. I grew up being extremely familiar with the opposing side due to my elementary school fame... I can remember countless times where I was the cause of someone crying at recess because I excluded them from whatever girl group, club or gang my friends and I had formed at lunch earlier that day. The Spice Girls were usually who we strolled around Recess pretending to be. But looking back I realize we were more like Destiny's Child due to the fact the revolving door was always open. I was Beyonce though, so I did the kicking out and the replacing. Always. I was one of three black girls in my entire school so I was different and people admired that. Innocent souls admire the significant things in life. Unfortunately back then I let the hype go to my head and an EGO was f