Skip to main content

Because I'm [tryna be] HAPPY

I experienced life on a deeper [higher] level today. After working two jobs a week straight, I was fortunate to  finally make it home before the sun went down. On my way home a thought entered my head to not just go in the house and stay in once I arrived, but to enjoy the weather and soak the good temperatures in. Right then, I decided I would go visit the local park not far from my house. I always breath a little easier when I spend time at the park. Along with clearer breathing, my thoughts are much more clear as well. So then I decided I would write in the midst of fresh air, children playing, and the rest of the components that make this life the beautiful experience that it should be:

I'm currently sitting on a bridge at Wheaton Regional Park watching children enjoy some of the most pleasurable, carefree-- possibly happiest moments of their lives. The joy I'm feeling at this very moment is incredible, as I watch these tiny humans truly experience life for what it is. A beautiful curly blond haired girl, who couldn't have been more than 2 years old sprinted past me after noticing 3 dogs in the park. I heard her as she stood a couple of feet away from me say 'ooh doggy! nother doggy! nother one!" as she stomped both feet in excitement, smiling as hard as she could, before taking off to go pet them. She literally walked up to each dog, introduced herself and petted their foreheads as if she was networking at the convention center. 

It was one of the most heart warming interactions by a human being that I've seen in about 2 months and 15 days since returning to this country. The feeling I felt watching the joy in that little girls face alone was  on a different level. The fearlessness she exemplified was somewhat heroic. If I were to say that sentence out loud, most people would never assume I was talking about a 2 year old child. Just like most people assume we can't learn from a child, but this event was a lesson and had been right on time because it gave me some insight on how life is suppose to operate. 

Somewhere in side of me I felt that little girl's joy. An emotion was sparked when I saw her face light up. Maybe during my childhood or in another lifetime but unmistakably I've felt that joy and happiness one time or another. Just like most of us have within this life experience. The joy that usually comes from experiencing love, coming across some extra cash, or the birth of a child as we get older. Joy is a life feeling. Children feel it the most due to the non-existence of stress, anxiety or worries in their young lives. 

Happiness/Joy are natural birth rights. Unfortunately, we lose grasp of this righteousness the older we get due to circumstances and events that take place in our lives. Everyone knows what joy feels like, the same way we all know what pain and anger feel like. Just like emotional events, humans feel physical events on the same spectrum. 

When two of the most incredible and positive people I was fortunate to have known in high school, Khalifah Muhammad and Lamar Walker were tragically killed, I reconnected with foes and enemies of all kinds from high school. Unfortunately, selfishly to say we didn't squash our beefs in honor of the guardian angels we had gained, but did so because of a new understanding we had formed with one another. We were experiencing the same pain; Just as much emotional, as physical, the day the rain poured down on us at their funerals, as tears streamed down our faces. 

Years worth of dispute, differences and petty beefs were simply dissolved because of a shared human emotional experience. 'How wonderful life would be if every aspect of it worked that way.' Oh wait. It does, So with that being said, let me rephrase that: 'How wonderful life would be if we lived life understanding.' 

I know my post are a bit repetitive but the universe continues to reteach me how significant it is to not just live your life but to live it knowing we are ONE-- despite the physical, financial, and materialistic differences we have set up to define us. 

As the sun begins to set, I hear a little girl yell, and although it's been said by myself many times, the passion in her voice tugged at my emotions and had me looking at life and wondering the same thing... "Mommy, why do we have to leave?" 



-Quay Denise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madame Quay

I thought I would feel sorry for the children at the children home (orphanage) but surprisingly I don't. I planned on coming to Ghana and becoming emotionally unbalanced due to their situations, but surprisingly I'm not. I thought without a doubt I would lose sleep at night thinking about the children's stories but I didn't. All the expectations I came to Ghana with were proven wrong because I judged a book by it's cover. I assumed these children would be living in the worst condition imaginable. It wasn't that bad. It's funny because my initial plan was to make a difference in the children's lives. Little did I know they would be the ones making a difference in mine... A very special boy by the name of Anuk was pretty shy towards me the first few days, but by beach day he had completely warmed up to me. Anuk-- autistic, is the smartest and happiest boy I was fortunate enough to have met during my time at the children's home. Not

You Gotta keep going... You gotta keep Growing

The past few weeks I've been residing in foreign countries, and experiencing encounters with humans that I believe were angels. I've began to embrace a vulnerable version of myself and with the changes I've started to view the world differently. I think I might be gravitating towards a new life or something. In 2014 I wanted to leave behind a certain part of myself. I wasn't satisfied with her performance so I had to bench her for a while and work on her skill. We're both trying and we're pushing. Progress is being made and we are getting closer and closer to our goal and ultimately the end result. Action is key to this lifestyle.  The more we practice the more we experience that pleasure of life. That life is forbidden in the past and the future. You must be present. It's a life with lights, a camera, and plenty of action , A life where you're financially, mentally and emotionally free-- it's a life that YOU control. A life where kindness is the l

Long Bus Ride Home

The world is controlled by two forces. The highest of the two being a positive energy of GOD, Compassion, and LOVE. The other being the complete opposite; utterly evil, destructive and hateful, better known as The Devil. I grew up being extremely familiar with the opposing side due to my elementary school fame... I can remember countless times where I was the cause of someone crying at recess because I excluded them from whatever girl group, club or gang my friends and I had formed at lunch earlier that day. The Spice Girls were usually who we strolled around Recess pretending to be. But looking back I realize we were more like Destiny's Child due to the fact the revolving door was always open. I was Beyonce though, so I did the kicking out and the replacing. Always. I was one of three black girls in my entire school so I was different and people admired that. Innocent souls admire the significant things in life. Unfortunately back then I let the hype go to my head and an EGO was f