Skip to main content
As a child growing up, I remember when Princess Diana died. My mother and grandmother stared at the television screen in disbelief for hours. Much like they did on September, 11th 2001. There reactions were very similar to the deaths of Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, and much before my time Martin Luther King Jr. and John F. Kennedy.  All of these events in history directly effected people all over the world because we all feel. Rather we knew the people that died on 9-11 personally or just grew up with certain individuals like Michael and Whitney, their absence from this world was instantly felt. 

We're all the exact same creatures with the exact same emotions. We feel sadness and happiness the same way someone of a different nationality, race, sex, and religion feel. We all came into this world the same way someone of a different ethnic background did. We all deal with setbacks as well as comebacks the same way someone of a different social class does. We all share the uncertainty of where we go from here once we leave this earth. Yet, somehow we act as if we're not all human. We judge people for the way they think and feel as if we don't think and feel. We harbor anger towards people for making certain decisions as if we don't make certain decisions based off of our own personal emotions. We expect people to live their lives a certain way as if we don't have our own motives? We resent those who hurt us as if we've went our whole lives without hurting someone. Who's to say what's right or wrong when no one walking this earth surface has ever spoken to the creator of mankind?

I don't believe society was originally like this. I don't think we were as separate as we are now. I believe humanity is deeper than race, sexuality, religion and ethnicity. Somewhere a long the way we were categorized and divided. We were trained to believe someone of a different lifestyle is less or more human than we are.  That couldn't be more far from the truth.

Humans are flawed individuals. We learn from trial and error. Not one person walking this earth's surface is perfect. Let go of your ego and learn to see things from every point of view possible. I ask everyone that reads this to practice the ability to understand:

Practice understanding why you do the things you do. 
Practice understanding why you keep the company you keep.
Practice understanding why you feel the way you feel.
Practice understanding why some habits seem to be impossible to break.
Practice understanding why you love the way you love.
Practice understanding why you forgive.
Practice understanding why you do certain things a certain way. 
Practice understanding why you live your life differently from your neighbor.
Practice understanding why you think differently from others.

Once you begin to fully learn why you are the way you are, you'll start to realize all of these different characters of nature have been formed through-out your individual life experiences. Then think of the 7.11 billion different people on this earth that have totally different life experiences from yours. You don't have to understand them the least bit but at least remember all the unique individual traits that make you who you are, especially when you feel like you're on the brink of passing judgment against someone.  We've all done and said things we aren't proud of rather we accept it or not, so why not try to make the next situation a learning experience instead of holding on to judgement and negative energy. You are what you think and if you think negative thoughts then your life will reflect it. We are all here dealing with life the best way we know how,  and the more accepting we are of the 7.11 billion people we share this earth with the easier life will be and the the more sense we'll be able to make out of it.  


I think the purpose of life is to do something. Preferably something good, like Inspire others and make this world a better place. What is my purpose on this earth? What am I here to do? What can i contribute to the world to make it a better place? How can I give service to fulfill my duties as a citizen of the world [not just the United States]?  I've thought about these things constantly over the past year. Next Friday I'll be 23 and I feel as if now is the time to start building the foundation for the life I want to live-- the legacy I want to create. "Your 20's are the "most defining decade of adulthood-- a period when the brain has its last major growth spurt quoted from Meg Jay, University of Virginia cynical psychologist. And with 25 approaching in 2 years I figured this would be the best time to get the ball rolling. Although I wish I had decided to take initiative in my early 20's  it doesn't matter one bit because I'm doing this at my own pace. I'm not in competition with anyone other than the person I was yesterday. 







Purchase Your Human Being Shirt HERE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madame Quay

I thought I would feel sorry for the children at the children home (orphanage) but surprisingly I don't. I planned on coming to Ghana and becoming emotionally unbalanced due to their situations, but surprisingly I'm not. I thought without a doubt I would lose sleep at night thinking about the children's stories but I didn't. All the expectations I came to Ghana with were proven wrong because I judged a book by it's cover. I assumed these children would be living in the worst condition imaginable. It wasn't that bad. It's funny because my initial plan was to make a difference in the children's lives. Little did I know they would be the ones making a difference in mine... A very special boy by the name of Anuk was pretty shy towards me the first few days, but by beach day he had completely warmed up to me. Anuk-- autistic, is the smartest and happiest boy I was fortunate enough to have met during my time at the children's home. Not

You Gotta keep going... You gotta keep Growing

The past few weeks I've been residing in foreign countries, and experiencing encounters with humans that I believe were angels. I've began to embrace a vulnerable version of myself and with the changes I've started to view the world differently. I think I might be gravitating towards a new life or something. In 2014 I wanted to leave behind a certain part of myself. I wasn't satisfied with her performance so I had to bench her for a while and work on her skill. We're both trying and we're pushing. Progress is being made and we are getting closer and closer to our goal and ultimately the end result. Action is key to this lifestyle.  The more we practice the more we experience that pleasure of life. That life is forbidden in the past and the future. You must be present. It's a life with lights, a camera, and plenty of action , A life where you're financially, mentally and emotionally free-- it's a life that YOU control. A life where kindness is the l

BALANCE: an even distribution of energy enabling someone or something to remain upright and steady.

It's been exactly 3 months since I've publicly written . In the missed time I've been doing some soul searching, soul recovering and soul spoiling. When I say soul [searching], I'm referring to searching for more wisdom and truth from what I've already been so enriched with within this short but precious lifetime of mines. The soul recovering I speak of is in reference to the refocus, and revamping of my purpose I've been diligently working on since-- what felt like the Coldest Winter Ever ended. Saving the best for last, the soul spoiling I mentioned was said modestly yet wholeheartedly in regards to the decisions, power moves, and progress I've made with awareness, peace and love; which has entirely been a motivating factor in bringing me closer to GOD, UNIVERSE, SPIRIT, HEAVEN, PEACE, LOVE, etc. than I've ever been before. I'll keep it real because we all deserve REAL: This past winter after returning from Africa, I never really readjusted to