Skip to main content

Quality not Quantity in anything you do.

A couple of weeks ago I began reading this incredible novel titled 'Men, Money, and Chocolate' by Menna Van Pragg. I saw great reviews for it on Amazon and decided to order it. By my luck it ended up being exactly what I needed to read at the right time. I've devoted the last year and a half to reading books that ONLY relate to self-improvement because of my journey that I've embarked on. However this read specifically had the second biggest impact on my life as far as relevancy goes. The author of this book masterminded the technique of putting life experiences into words that are beneficial to every human being, especially those of us that are experiencing stressful relationships that seem to no longer be serving a purpose in our lives. I personally believe this book was written for and about me. Within the short amount of time that I've been reading this book, I've learned some seriously valuable life lessons-- Lessons that need to stick with me for the rest of my life if I  truly want to be happy.

Learning how to love another without losing yourself can be more difficult than it sounds. As human beings, we are born in to this world with  an incredible amount to need. From birth up until we're old enough to use the bathroom on our own, we need to be changed, fed, and bathed. It is at that time that our natural instinct is to expect to be cared for. We seek dependence on our parents for a while, and then may look to friends or other family members, drugs, alcohol, sex, or a lover as we go through life. No matter what we rely on, it seems as if our weight of reliance gets heavier and heavier because we continue needing more and more. I've learned the reason for this though. Society illustrates the importance of quantity over quality although ultimately that is a completely ludicrous way of living and does not benefit any strong foundation or structure in the long run. Relationships are a perfect example of this unfortunate programmed way of living.

My generations relationships don't seem to last because of this trend of quantity over quality. As a female, that has a lot of female friends that are in relationships, that knows a lot of females that have had failed relationships I prefer to stay away from relationships. However through this position, I've observed a lot and learned a lot from other's experiences. I know that as woman we have certain requirements. Well, speaking for the majority not myself, we try to dictate. I can only speak for women but I'm sure men have their requirements too and GOD knows some of us live by these standards, often ruining a really good thing because your NEEDS aren't met. Needs represent QUANTITY. You're more concerned with how much you're getting out of the relationship rather than what you're actually putting into the relationship.
[This applies to applying yourself towards your purpose just as much as it does in a relationship. Are you progressing or at a stand still? If you answered stand still, theirs a possibility that you're expecting more out of your life then what you're putting into it to receive results.]
What you put into the relationship represents QUALITY.
[The amount of productivity and passion you put into anything will produce results that fill you with joy.]  If you constantly need than you're never fulfilled. Quality generates joy from within. Joy that you never have to seek from your partner. The success of relationships would double if humans put QUALITY over QUANTITY.

The difference between Quantity and Quality differentiates False Love from Real love.  Men, Money and Chocolate' defines False love vs. Real love:


  • False love is just wanting someone else, true love is wanting someone else to be happy.
  • False love is about wanting and needing. It's about believing you desperately love the other person when you're really only thinking about yourself, driven by your own desires.
  • You want your partner to be your main source of happiness. You are needy and expect him or her to run a mile. You put pressure on them to make you happy instead of being your own source of happiness.


Quality love is True Love. In a nutshell that's one of societies biggest misunderstandings when it comes to the term love. Some of us have sold our soul to a relationship and don't even know it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madame Quay

I thought I would feel sorry for the children at the children home (orphanage) but surprisingly I don't. I planned on coming to Ghana and becoming emotionally unbalanced due to their situations, but surprisingly I'm not. I thought without a doubt I would lose sleep at night thinking about the children's stories but I didn't. All the expectations I came to Ghana with were proven wrong because I judged a book by it's cover. I assumed these children would be living in the worst condition imaginable. It wasn't that bad. It's funny because my initial plan was to make a difference in the children's lives. Little did I know they would be the ones making a difference in mine... A very special boy by the name of Anuk was pretty shy towards me the first few days, but by beach day he had completely warmed up to me. Anuk-- autistic, is the smartest and happiest boy I was fortunate enough to have met during my time at the children's home. Not

You Gotta keep going... You gotta keep Growing

The past few weeks I've been residing in foreign countries, and experiencing encounters with humans that I believe were angels. I've began to embrace a vulnerable version of myself and with the changes I've started to view the world differently. I think I might be gravitating towards a new life or something. In 2014 I wanted to leave behind a certain part of myself. I wasn't satisfied with her performance so I had to bench her for a while and work on her skill. We're both trying and we're pushing. Progress is being made and we are getting closer and closer to our goal and ultimately the end result. Action is key to this lifestyle.  The more we practice the more we experience that pleasure of life. That life is forbidden in the past and the future. You must be present. It's a life with lights, a camera, and plenty of action , A life where you're financially, mentally and emotionally free-- it's a life that YOU control. A life where kindness is the l

Long Bus Ride Home

The world is controlled by two forces. The highest of the two being a positive energy of GOD, Compassion, and LOVE. The other being the complete opposite; utterly evil, destructive and hateful, better known as The Devil. I grew up being extremely familiar with the opposing side due to my elementary school fame... I can remember countless times where I was the cause of someone crying at recess because I excluded them from whatever girl group, club or gang my friends and I had formed at lunch earlier that day. The Spice Girls were usually who we strolled around Recess pretending to be. But looking back I realize we were more like Destiny's Child due to the fact the revolving door was always open. I was Beyonce though, so I did the kicking out and the replacing. Always. I was one of three black girls in my entire school so I was different and people admired that. Innocent souls admire the significant things in life. Unfortunately back then I let the hype go to my head and an EGO was f